PSG president revealed January transfer plans from Qatar
Nasser Al-Khelaifi, president of PSG, conceded an interview with the French newspaper L'Equipe on Saturday in which he revealed new information regarding multiple topics involving the present and future of PSG.
Asked by L'Equipe about the plans of PSG ahead of the January transfer window that will open right after the World Cup finishes, Al-Khelaifi said that "we'll see (if there are any signings)," before conceding that he "doesn't think" there will be any transfer coming to PSG in January.
A-Khelaifi thinks PSG has "found a collective spirit" and that the team "are doing well."
The question by L'Equipe made sense after PSG chased the signing of a center-back last summer, namely Milan Skriniar from Internazionale, but ultimately failed at securing a transfer. It is now believed that the defender will re-sign with the Italian club.
When asked about the interest from coach Christophe Galiter and sporting director Luis Campos in bringing one more center-back to PSG, Al-Khelaifi said that "they didn't ask for anything."
Nasser Al-Khelaifi doesn't think PSG will sign any player in the January transfer window
After saying that, Al-Khelaifi quickly moved on to another entirely different angle, dodging the question and avoiding getting into further details about the transfer plans of PSG. "Galtier and Campos understand (the position of PSG and the board). We all talk together," said Al-Khelaifi.
"I respect the coach a lot. I appreciate him a lot because of his human values. Galtier is a very good coach," finished Al-Khelaifi when presented with the transfer questions.
A few days ago, FC Inter News echoed that Internazionale is not willing to pay Skriniar more than €6M per season with some add-ons baked into it. That is seemingly what Inter offered the defender back in the summer, which the Slovakia international rejected back then and entering his last year under contract with the Italian side.
Skriniar is still on vacation with his nation not participating in the World Cup. His current deal with Inter is due to finish next June, making him a free agent if he doesn't re-ink the deal with the Nerazzurri.