PSG hosted Nantes on Saturday, defeated the visitors 4-2, and enjoyed a historical day from Kylian Mbappe. The Paris-born-and-raised world champion scored his 201st goal for PSG on his way to becoming Paris Saint-Germain's all-time top goalscorer.
With his 201st goal for PSG, Mbappe wrote a new page in golden letters in the history books of the Parisian club, overtaking Edinson Cavani once and for all after tying the mark reached by the Uruguay international (200) last weekend.
Mbappe refused to leave the Parc des Princes on Saturday without his 201st goal scored at PSG, and that's what he did already into stoppage time against a defenseless Nantes.
With fireworks in place and a post-game celebration staged and prepared ahead of the game, nothing could fail and Mbappe stepped up to the occasion, making his promise of becoming Paris' top goalscorer an accomplished feat by the final whistle.
Mbappe, who is just 24 years old, has now overtaken Cavani in the standings for the club's all-time top scorers while reaching the 201-mark in many fewer games than the Uruguayan striker, let alone at a much younger age.
The France international and 2018 World Cup champion has needed just 247 matches played since arriving in Paris in Aug. 2017 to hit his 201 goals to date at PSG. He's bagged 152 with his right foot, 44 with his left, 4 with his head, and an odd one with his torso, according to the official club accounts.
Here is a full breakdown of Mbappe's goals for PSG through Saturday, March 4th after scoring his 201st goal for the club.
GOALS BY COMPETITION:
- UEFA Champions League: 34 goals in 51 matches (26 assists)
- Ligue 1: 137 goals in 164 matches (53 assists)
- Coupe de France: 27 goals in 21 matches (11 assists)
- Coupe de la Ligue: 2 goals in 9 matches (6 assists)
- Trophee des Champions: 1 goal in 2 matches
TOP 5 PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN GOALSCORERS:
1. Kylian Mbappe: 201 goals in 247 matches
2. Edinson Cavani: 200 goals in 301 matches
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 156 goals in 180 matches
4. Neymar Jr.: 118 goals in 173 matches
5. Pauleta: 109 goals in 211 matches